Support Responsibly Produced Peat to become mainstream in Europe
What can you do?
Are you a peat producing company?
Certify your peat
Certifying your peat shows your commitment to responsible production of peat with respect to the environment.
The documents below will provide more information and get you started with the RPP certification:
- Procedure RPP certification for peat extraction sites
- Application form peat production (to be filled in by peat extraction site manager)
- Certification fees Responsibly Produced Peat (inspection costs and annual contribution)
- Principles, Criteria and Indicators for Responsibly Produced Peat
- Chapter 4 and Annex C to Principles, Criteria and Indicators for RPP, in addition to version 1.1.1.
To start RPP certification, download the application form and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be happy to guide you completing the steps.
Are you a growing media producer?
Use responsibly produced peat
The RPP Chain of Custody-system is based on a 'mass balance' system so RPP certified and non-certified peat can be mixed.The use of 'mass balance' makes it more feasable for companies to make the transition towards sourcing RPP certified peat. Meanwhile the availability of RPP certified peat will increase as more peat producing companies will have RPP certified locations.
You can read the full explanation of the RPP Chain of Custody below. The criteria for the Chain of Custody are laid out in the new version of the certification scheme which will be made available soon.
RPP Chain of Custody registration is required for the use the company-specific RPP label on products
Feel free to contact us if you like more information
Are you a grower, retailer or user of growing media?
Ask for RPP certified substrates
An increasing group of customers chooses products made from responsible sources. To respond to their needs you can ask your supplier for substrates containing RPP certified peat.
You can also check where RPP certified peat is produced or used in substrates. Ordering products with the RPP label means you are supporting our goal which is that the amount of peat in these products will be 100% RPP certified peat.
- Companies producing RPP peat
- Companies using RPP peat (will become available soon)
Is your supplier not listed? Encourage your supplier by expressing your need for RPP certified peat.
Do you feel connected with RPP?
Become a supporter
The RPP certification system will create a market for ‘responsibly produced peat’ and thus effectively:
- contribute to the conservation of valuable peatlands,
- create supply security for all users of peat or peat based products,
- protect producers and users of peat against reputation risks.
Whether you are a company, organisation or person concerned with peat, you can actively support further development and implementation of Responsibly Produced Peat! To do so you will first need to register with RPP:
- Please use this RPP registration agreement.
When registered you can use the RPP logo under terms and conditions defined in the certification scheme. Your logo and link to the website will be uploaded on the RPP website. You will be included in our direct communication about the latest developments within RPP.
We encourage you to register and show your support to RPP!