Support Responsibly Produced Peat to become mainstream in Europe
What can you do?
Are you a peat producing company?
Certify your peat
Certifying your peat shows your commitment to responsible production of peat with respect to the environment.
The documents below will provide more information and get you started with the RPP certification:
- Procedure RPP certification for peat extraction sites
- Application form peat production (to be filled in by peat extraction site manager)
- Certification fees Responsibly Produced Peat (inspection costs and annual contribution)
- Principles, Criteria and Indicators for Responsibly Produced Peat
- Chapter 4 and Annex C to Principles, Criteria and Indicators for RPP, in addition to version 1.1.1.
To start RPP certification, download the application form and send this to email@example.com
We will be happy to guide you completing the steps.
Are you a growing media producer?
Use responsibly produced peat
Your Chain of Custody certification allows companies to use the Responsibly Produced Peat label. The RPP label will give customers the assurance that the amount of peat used in the product comes from responsible sources and excludes the risk that illegally extracted peat has been used.
Currently the criteria for the Chain of Custody are still under development and will be made available soon. Feel free to contact us to receive the latest news on this topic.
Are you a grower, retailer or user of growing media?
Ask for RPP certified substrates
An increasing group of customers chooses products made from responsible sources. To respond to their needs you can ask your supplier for substrates containing RPP certified peat.
You can also check where RPP certified peat is produced or used in substrates. Ordering products with the RPP label means you are supporting our goal which is that the amount of peat in these products will be 100% RPP certified peat.
- Companies producing RPP peat
- Companies using RPP peat (will become available soon)
Is your supplier not listed? Encourage your supplier by expressing your need for RPP certified peat.
Do you want to support RPP for further development?
Become a supporter
The RPP certification system will create a market for ‘responsibly produced peat’ and thus effectively:
- contribute to the conservation of valuable peatlands,
- create supply security for all users of peat or peat based products,
- protect producers and users of peat against reputation risks.
Responsibly Produced Peat offers everyone the opportunity to actively support further development and implementation of Responsibly Produced Peat.
- Terms of reference for supporters of Responsibly Produced Peat
- Application form for Supporters of Responsibly Produced Peat
We hope to welcome you as a supporter of RPP certified peat!