Support Responsibly Produced Peat to become mainstream in Europe
What can you do?
Are you a peat producing company?
Certify your peat
Certifying your peat shows your commitment to responsible production of peat with respect to the environment.
The documents below will provide more information and get you started with the RPP certification:
- Procedure RPP certification for peat extraction sites. As of November 2018 the PROCEDURE CHANGED. Please contact us for more information.
- Application form RPP certification (to be filled in by peat extraction site manager)
- Certification fees Responsibly Produced Peat (inspection and annual contribution)
- RPP certification scheme version 2.0: Principles and criteria for Responsibly Produced Peat (in effect as of March 1 , 2018)
To start RPP certification, download the application form and send this to email@example.com
We will be happy to guide you completing the steps.
Old versions of the RPP certification scheme apply to applications before January 1, 2018:
Are you a growing media producer?
Use responsibly produced peat
The RPP Chain of Custody-system is based on a 'mass balance' system so RPP certified and non-certified peat can be mixed. The use of 'mass balance' is more feasable for companies to make the transition towards sourcing RPP certified peat. Meanwhile the availability of RPP certified peat will increase as more peat producing companies will have RPP certified locations.
Annual audit of all parties throughout the supply chain assures compliance with the RPP Chain of Custody (RPP certification scheme, chapter 6). Read more about the RPP Chain of Custody in the documents below:
- Explanation of the RPP Chain of Custody
- The RPP certification scheme version 2.0
(The scheme includes all guidelines and Principles & Criteria for the Chain of Custody in § 2.5/2.6/2.8 and chapter 6)
Participation in the RPP Chain of Custody starts with registration. Only registered companies can use the RPP-logo and put the company-specific RPP-label on the packaging of the products.
Companies that supply the non-certified peat within the Chain of Custody need to be RPP-registered or sign a due diligence agreement.
- RPP Registration agreement for the RPP Chain of Custody
- RPP Due Diligence Agreement for the RPP Chain of Custody
RPP certified peat is produced here:
Are you a grower, retailer or user of growing media?
Ask for RPP certified substrates
An increasing group of customers chooses products made from responsible sources. To respond to their needs you can ask your supplier for substrates containing RPP certified peat.
You can also check where RPP certified peat is produced or used in substrates. Ordering products with the RPP label means you are supporting our goal which is that the amount of peat in these products will be 100% RPP certified peat.
Is your supplier not listed? Encourage your supplier by expressing your need for RPP certified peat.
Do you feel connected with RPP?
Become a supporter
The RPP certification system will create a market for ‘responsibly produced peat’ and thus effectively:
- contribute to the conservation of valuable peatlands,
- create supply security for all users of peat or peat based products,
- protect producers and users of peat against reputation risks.
Whether you are a company, organisation or person concerned with peat, you can actively support further development and implementation of Responsibly Produced Peat! To do so you will first need to register with RPP:
- Please use this RPP registration agreement.
When registered you can use the RPP logo under terms and conditions defined in the certification scheme. Your logo and link to the website will be uploaded on the RPP website. You will be included in our direct communication about the latest developments within RPP.
We encourage you to register and show your support to RPP!
What does the RPP-logo or RPP-label mean?
RPP has composed a document that describes the core values of RPP.
Please use this information in combination with the RPP logo or label.
The document has been translated in 4 languages: